Solved: Problems uninstalling program

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Rosalyn2

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2220 @ 2.40GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1916 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 630i , 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 292403 MB, Free - 212139 MB; D: Total - 12838 MB, Free - 1742 MB;
Motherboard: FOXCONN, Irvine, HP P/N, ULSJ84600416
Antivirus: Norton Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

I am trying to uninstall Firefox but when I click uninstall it says do I want to restart my computer to complete installation of a previous version of Firefox. I have done this and still can't uninstall firefox - this same box keeps popping up.

Hit start>computer>c:>programfiles>Find firefox folder and right click nd delete from there then delete it by using the normal method.Just open task manager and stop the firefox process if it is running.

The majority of Firefox's files are not located in the Program Files folder. Deleting that will simply leave a mess. Uninstall it the correct way. If an uninstaller is broken, then the best way to repair it is to reinstall exactly the same version. That will repair the uninstaller so that it can be removed normally.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.