1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Problems uploading photos to My Space

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by rfilley, Jul 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rfilley

rfilley Thread Starter

Help! I'm trying to upload photos to My Space. If I upload untouched photos, everything works fine. However, it I modify the photo, I get an error message stating the file format is unsupported. Makes no sense - I have saved the modified photos as simple JPGs, and in GIF format, the size is well below maximum allowed. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!!

2. StumpyXL

StumpyXL

When you save them check the file extension, and remember just because it say "pic.jpg" does not mean that the computer does not have it saved as a bitmap and reading it "pic.jpg.bmp" understand?(y)

3. rfilley

rfilley Thread Starter

Thanks so much, but I checked the file information just to be sure - it says it's a jpg file and size is 112 KB so I don't believe it was saved it bitmap format.

4. StumpyXL

StumpyXL

I wonder if you have cookies disabled?
    Try to make sure they are on, mind you I am a entry level programmer, no a service tech persay, but I'm trying to help. :)

5. rfilley

rfilley Thread Starter

Thanks so much, Stumpy. Cookies are permitted, so that's not the problem. It very strange. If I upload a photo with no touch-ups (of ANY sort, including just plain old cropping), My Space accepts it. However, with any sort of touch-up, whether done in Adobe Photoshop and saved as a jpg or gif, or in iPhoto and saved as a jpg, My Space won't allow me to upload and says the file format is not supported.

Raylene

6. djpeseo2k8

djpeseo2k8

Here's what I do:
    Below the uploader find this line: "If you don't see the Upload Photo form above, click here " Click the link so you will be able to upload your pictures one by one through this classic uploader. Well good luck everyone! :)

7. rfilley

rfilley Thread Starter

Thank you so much! You solved the problem.:D

8. jjlittle

jjlittle

I was having problems with this too and the answer to how I uploaded my pictures to Myspace was by opening it in the program "paint" in the accessories menu in your start menu on the computer, and saving the picture from them and the picture was now in JPG format and I uploaded it on Myspace.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!