Solved: Problems W/ DVD Burner's at 1x the most

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jbasto

Ok i just got this burner liteon 16x DVD+-R/RW DL Model #SOHW 1673 and when i first installed it burned at 8X but now it will just burn at only 1X takes 45min to burn a DVD that is CRAZY :eek: what can i do to fix this Please HELP me thanks in advance

The Firmware is Updated any thing else i can do

First thing I tell people is to try another brand of blank discs. Some brands don't work well with certain burners. I also have a LiteOn burner (SOHW-1633S), and I've had my best results with Verbatim and Maxell blanks.
Good luck! Keep us posted.

Jbasto

jonesy827 said:
I had a similar problem...i upgraded my firmware...
Same here and STILL nothing still at 1X i might need new MEDIA and do any 1 now of a site that tell u what media works w/ the drive i had it b4 and i erased it by mistake :(

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Have you checked in Device Manager under ATA/ATAPI Controllers to see if the drive is running in DMA mode? If it gets stuck in PIO, that's what you would see...

Jbasto

JohnWill said:
Have you checked in Device Manager under ATA/ATAPI Controllers to see if the drive is running in DMA mode? If it gets stuck in PIO, that's what you would see...
Yes it Was and i found this how to and i fixed it and i posted it here http://forums.techguy.org/t378767.html

Well it worked like a charm thanks for the help

I love the cdfreaks liteon forum, it has a wealth of info on these drives :). Some people are fanatical about there burners and getting perfect scans..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online