1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Problems with Audio Device

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by dig0, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dig0

dig0 Thread Starter

Hi there,

I recently dug a bunch of old parts out of my storage room and pieced together a build to mess around with. I installed Windows 7 without any problems; however, now I am stuck without any sound. It seems I cannot find any drivers for my onboard audio anywheres! My mobo is rather old, an Asus P5GD2 Deluxe. I have tried a bunch of different drivers and none seem to work. Any ideas out there? This is my only real problem left to fix.

Asus P5GD2 Deluxe
    P4 3.0GHz
    2GB DDR2 RAM
    XFX 6600GT

P.S. Windows 7 is running 32-bit.

2. joeten

joeten

3. dig0

dig0 Thread Starter

Hey, thanks for your response.

I actually JUST got it working. I found my old Asus CD (hard to believe I still had it after 5-6 years). I manually uploaded the drivers with the ones that came on the mobo CD and sure enough, it works! I had tried using the manual update earlier with some other drivers, but apparently they didn't work. I'm pumped that this solved my problem.

4. Lance1

Lance1

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918162

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice