1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Problems with bootcamp

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by klam, Aug 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. klam

klam Thread Starter

Hey there,

I've just installed bootcamp and click on "start nstallation" windows started to load and all seemed fine until i just realized that the keyboard doesnt respond anymore (it's a macbook) so i cant eject the cd nor continue the installation... im in the blue windows setup screen but the only button that works is the on/off. Any ideas on how to fix this keyboard issue.

2. klam

klam Thread Starter

ok solved, for those having the same problem well.... use an external keyboard :D I used a Dell and it worked

3. macwindows

macwindows

I too have gotten as far as the blue Windows XP Pro Setup screen and it seems as though it has frozen. The keyboard won't respond at all ... it asks for you to press ENTER to continue R to repair or F3 to quit... none of which work!! I tried your solution of using an external keyboard but the only external keyboards I have are the ones that came with my older desktop MacOS computers. This didn't work either!

Does anyone have any ideas????

I need to get this up and working and Apple won't support BootCamp AT ALL!! and obviously neither will Microsoft!!! :mad: Why Apple released the beta but REFUSES to train its technical support staff on how to use it is BEYOND ME!!! :mad: I have owned Apples & Macs for most of my life (20+ yrs) and I have NEVER encountered a situation where Apple releases a piece of software but then refuses to support it. When I called AppleCare today to ask a simple question about the license of the BootCamp Assistant, the tech support guy's response was that they:

A) did not support boot camp in any manner way shape or form
    B) only knew what they did from personal experience with the program
    C) had no idea when the commercial version of BootCamp (i.e. the version that Apple would actually support) was coming out!
    D) that BootCamp IS NOT even authored by APPLE (i.e. it was programmed by a third party) even though it is being clearly marketed by Apple as a program that is authored & endorsed by them!

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO Frustrated!! I have since found out that the commercial version of BootCamp will be released with the new Leopard 0SX 10.5. But no one has any idea when it will be released (or if they do they certainly aren't telling either the public or the tech support @ AppleCare)! BootCamp (and the Intel chip) was supposed to be the answer to those of us die hard Mac fans who have a few programs that ONLY are published for Windows!

Sorry for rambling and venting but I am very frustrated!!

Thanks for listening... and hopefully helping to solve this problem!!
    `

4. MSM Hobbes

MSM Hobbes

Have you thoroughly read all in the following, and all is good w/ your system as directed? All drivers, etc. updated?

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=303572

http://images.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/pdf/Boot_Camp_Beta_Setup_Guide_en.pdf

Curious, which version of BC are yas using? Supposedly the latest version 1.1.2 beta has improved support for keyboard and few other issues.

Sorry, I've not ran BC or Parallels yet on mine. Actually, am waiting for P3 to come out. ;)
    Esp. looking more at Parallels, since Apple seems to actually promote it over BC:
    http://www.apple.com/getamac/windows.html

However, btw, BC will be a built-in feature of the next big cat release, Leopard.
    Of course, some rumours are floating about that Apple is buying, investing, etc. into Parallels, and/or that Parallels will be included in X 10.5.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!