1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Problems with flash player!!!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by KingPin1000, Jan 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. KingPin1000

KingPin1000 Thread Starter

Hi, my friend has a problem and she uses firefox browser. She clicked on some image online and a message appeared "It is recommended you update flash too the latest version too view this page please update too continue" When she clicked on OK another box appears saying "You have chosen too open setup.exe which is Binary File 934kb from http://gc19h7x.09d3th37x.com"...not sure what this is or address typed correctly but she than downloaded current flashplayer and nothing changed..still same thing. One thing i did notice was under her add remove programs it didnt show a Adobe Flash Player 16 Active X..is it suppose too when u download the current flash player version? And if not...can the flash player still function properly? She than somehow downloaded the active x seperately..not sure if it was the correct one but it didnt change anything..what should she do now too correct this problem?
    She has an older dell computer with a windows vista ultimate operating system...any help is greatly appreciated...thankyou!!

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Mozilla Firefox uses a flash player plug-in
    Please see this
    https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/install-flash-plugin-view-videos-animations-games

carry out the test please using the info on this page
    https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/k...e-and-troubleshoot-problems#w_troubleshooting

If it does not pass that test then go back and install the Firefox plug-in

I very much doubt that the reported URL address for the download is correct.

I would suggest that your first course of action is as outlined above including checking on Firefox as explained that the flash player plug-in is not disabled and indeed what other flash plug ins are shown

I would also enquire from your friend as to whether there is anything else amiss with the operation of the computer - such as not being able to access her AV - restore points or her home page having been changed

It may also help to know what website this image was on and then ascertain the reputation of this website

A flash player plug-in is not shown on Control Panel - programs and features - or whatever it is called in Vista -

Finally for this post - it is as I am sure you know and certainly good advice for your friend NEVER to click OK on such messages that appear from websites that are of an unknown quantity
    You could be agreeing to the installation of all manner of problems

3. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

4. KingPin1000

should she uninstall anything before installing this flash plugin?

5. KingPin1000

6. Phantom010

Save the installer on your computer. Close your browser. Run the installer.

7. KingPin1000

Ok thankyou!....hope this all works i will let you know

8. Phantom010

You're friend's computer has likely been infected. The only place where you should install Flash is from the Adobe website. Never click on that type of message, especially if you know you already have Flash on your computer.

9. KingPin1000

She had adobe flash player from adobe website when that message appeared...thats what is strange. She than uninstalled it and downloaded it again from adobe website but it didnt change...so i wonder what is infected on her computer..and if so what can she do too find out what it is and get rid of it.

10. Macboatmaster

Indeed as I said

11. Macboatmaster

are you with this computer NOW and

12. KingPin1000

im not at her home right now..im using my computer. All i know is her computer runs very slow for a real long time which could be anything...not necessarly from what just happened

13. KingPin1000

what is AV?

14. Macboatmaster

Antivirus and troubleshooting is not practical until you are with the computer
    When you can arrange that I will be more than pleased to continue

15. KingPin1000

With you being in the UK its hard for you too be online same as me or vice versa...at same time. I was on her computer today but you cant even log into this site for example..same message about updating flash player keeps on popping up..and you cant go anywhere on the internet without this happening...so it looks like she has some kind of virus...or malware or something else.. What programs or software can detect this and get rid of it? She has AVG antivirus free edition 2015 but they can only get rid of so much. Help!!! from anybody is greatly appreciated...thanks in advance!

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1141317

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice