1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Problems with formatting in Word 2007

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by lurcho, May 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lurcho

lurcho Thread Starter

Hello

When I try to italicize in Word 2007 (on Windows 8) I end up with italics but the selection is also in bold and in a different font.

I've tried tweaking styles and Autocorrect, but I don't know what I'm doing.

Oddly, one of my existing Word documents, whic is a kind of ongoing journal works fine in this regard.

Thanks for any help.

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    I only have Office 2007 installed in XP.

What font is being used? Compare the font in the working document to the one that is broken. It could be that you are missing the font that is just italic and it is using bold italic in its place. Replacing the font to the one that your journal uses might fix the issue.

3. lurcho

lurcho Thread Starter

Hello

Thanks for your suggestion, mate.

I solved it a few minutes agp by trial and error. Here's what I did:

THE PROBLEM: I was using Georgia as my default font. If I tried to italicize anything by highlighting and then using Ctrl +I, it worked fine. But if I tried to do it by using an underline stroke before and after the word/sequence, it would italicize it but also embolden and revert to Colibri!

THE SOLUTION: I noticed that bold, italicized Colibri was the set combinationation for one the Styles - 'Emphasis'. So I selected that style, entered the Modify menu, and changed its default to Georgia/italic! And it worked.

Hope this helps someone else.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1148335

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice