1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Problems with installing HP P1005 printer

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by spyroxion, Dec 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. spyroxion

spyroxion Thread Starter

Hi there,
    i got some problem with installing my hp p1005 printer on my pc. heres the thing: ive bought this printer quet long ago, been installing it few times (after re-installing widnowses), last time ive installed on windows 7 and now when ive returned to windows xp and try install hp p1005 drivers from CD (tryed from official website too), im getting these errors: 1st i get that "Setup cannot copy file P1006CLS.dll" , but ive found this file in internet and got trough this, but after less then a second i get 2nd error: "setup cannot copy file P1006L.dll" and thats where ive got stuck. ive tryed to find answer in google and all answers about this file was to use registry file fixing, ive tryed all but none helped. anny suggestions how to fix this and install my hp p1005 drivers? i would realy appreciate for answer becouse for me, as student, it is very important.
    sorry if i made toons of mistakes ^^
    here how it looks like:
    hp error.JPG

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  3. spyroxion

spyroxion Thread Starter

just tryed, getting same error. i have also tryed now cancel copying this file and continue setip (on both setups i been using) and i just getting error with each file... what is ahppening, how fix this?

4. Android_FX

Android_FX

While the HP driver setup is open, it keeps it's driver files in a temp folder, find the folder and under that sort folders by date modified, the latest one is HP's temp folder, you can find the missing files from there.

5. spyroxion

spyroxion Thread Starter

yay, ive installed drivers! :) in temp folder i havent found annything but when ive got error and need browse files ive browsed disk files and saw rar file with name"p1006..." and when opened it i saw .dll files and some other, extracted them and then after each error i went to place where i extracted them and found file by file what i needed. thanks Android_FX, even when yours tip was bad but if not you i woudnt try install again and woudnt go to disks folder :)

6. Android_FX

Android_FX

Glad you fixed it :)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1032304

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice