1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Problems With my lexmark 4300 series ( P4310 ) Printer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nOunce, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nOunce

nOunce Thread Starter

I have my printer for a while and never installed it cause i don't needed it.
    But now i need it for school. The problem is it won't install.

It's an All-in-one printer.

I have deleted the printers in configuration and also in the servers in file.

The CD is a little damaged and when i try to install it with the CD it starts copieing it gives and error setup can't copie 'lxcehelp.hl_' i think that's because my CD is damaged. When i press cancel i can continue the setup. But then it gives an error that sais 'wavs.exe needed' that i need to check if the given location is correct. I searched it in my computer but can't find it. When i type wavs.exe in google i only get german sites.

I also tried downloading it from lexmark.com ( there isn't software for P4310 there only for P4330 and P4350 ) and a site i found on this forum but also that doesn't work then when it's at 'extracting Thumbs.db...' it sais 'access denied' in my language. When i press ok the whole installation shuts down.

I've searched in my computer and try to install it over and over again but still no succes. I hope someone here can help me now, and otherwise i think i'll throw the printer trough the window :eek:

2. racraine1

racraine1

I googled the p4310 and all the results were in dutch. where did you get your printer and then too solve the issue try going to Lexmark.com and choosing Europe as your location. then try to click to the downloads page and enter the info for the drivers again..
    or google "lexmark p4310 drivers" and follow the links..
    Good Luck..

"Oh you mean you wanted me to turn it ALL the way off???"

3. nOunce

nOunce Thread Starter

I've googled it before it's in my google history and all the results are in german and english ?

I've tried some sites before but it didn't work

And the problem is not that i can't find the drivers, it's that they don't work cause of the errors.
    Or should i try looking for other drivers for the printer ?

4. racraine1

racraine1

I couldn't find the english drivers and the drivers fior another printer usually doesn't work. If the disc is damaged you're not going to be able to use it (unless you're VERY lucky). Again I would try the foreign language sites and give those a whirl.

5. nOunce

nOunce Thread Starter

The Driver from lexmark.com should be able to work normally ?
    But they don't, maybe it's a problem with my computer ?

6. racraine1

racraine1

did you get drivers for the p4310 in english from the lexmark website?
    i couldn't find them there. That's why I googled for them. Just because they're in another language doesn't usually make a difference. You just have to try to ensure that you're getting the correct one

7. nOunce

nOunce Thread Starter

Ok i'll try look for them on the german site i'll let u know if it works

8. nOunce

nOunce Thread Starter

YES YES YES * Dances *

It finally works :D

The problem was that my computer didn't know where all the files were. They were in 4 diffrent maps.

So i showed him every file and now it's printing ^^

Ty :) * Is Happy *

9. racraine1

racraine1

Congrats!!

Please mark this as solved

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/649022

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice