Solved: problems with "my pictures slideshow" screen saver option

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

longhorn

a friend told me how to set up my screensaver so that it scrolls thru all my pictures in "my pictures" folder. I've done so, but there's quite a delay between pictures, it doesn't seem like it's showing pictures from the whole folder, sometimes the pictures are very small off to one corner, and in-between pictures the screen is blank for a bit and usually has a symbol on it such as a musical note, "exit", a figure running, etc. My friend seems to have hers set up the same way, but it doesn't have these problems. It just scrolls thru her pictures, one after the other, with the pictures taking up the whole screen. :confused:

It sounds like you have just missed a few things when setting it up.
Print the following and take your time at setting it up again. :)

Setting up "My picture slideshow" for a screensaver.

For a start create or find a folder with the images you wish to use. Make a note of the folder name and where it is. eg. Desktop, My Documents or My Picture Folder.

Right click a blank area of your desktop,
Click properties,
Then the Screensaver tab,
In the screen saver menu select "My Pictures Slideshow".
Then click the Settings button,
Use the slider to select "How often should pictures change?"
Use the next slider to select "How big should pictures be"

Next click the Browse button and scroll through the directory tree
for the folder that you noted earlier,
Click OK and Ok again.
Set the time to wait before starting.
Hit the Preview button and have a look at how it displays.
Click apply and OK again.

longhorn

Thanks, so much, for your reply! What you described is the way I went about setting it up initially, but I went thru the process again as you described. I still have the same issue. Even when I choose preview, it previews it with the problems. Words (such as "exit" & "print") show up in purple boxes as well as other symbols show up on the blank screen for a bit in-between pictures. I run Windows XP. The only thing different than what you described is that I didn't have an "apply" option to click.

longhorn said:
Words (such as "exit" & "print") show up in purple boxes as well as other symbols show up on the blank screen for a bit in-between pictures.
Have a look at the folder you have selected for the slideshow and see if it has subfolders that need bit of a clean up. You could have a couple of saved web page folders in there.

longhorn

You're awesome! Thanks a ton! When I checked, there were quite a few files in there that were other than jpeg files. I think they might've come over from my camera software. I'll have to watch for that in the future. I really really appreciate your help!

(y)
Thats great.

I'll get you to click on "thread tools" and mark solved.

Hi,

I run Windows 2000 and don't have the My Pictures Slideshow option for a screen saver. ???

Hello and welcome to Tsg Huskrmags.
I don't think Windows 2000 has the slideshow feature. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts