1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Processes I can KILL??

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Graiskye, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Graiskye

Graiskye Thread Starter

hello all. boy does reinstalling XP ever kick butt. Ive been enjoying the last couple of months of smooth,and speedy use. Thanks to all who may have helped me too accomplish said task! Once U get the squeaky clean install, I think its a lot easier to keep that way??? So to the question on my mind, does anybody know where I might find a explanation of the various processes that are running at any time. I know of a couple of sites that do the same for file extensions, ie tell you what a file does,what program its associated with etc. I have found a few posts referring to a few unnecessary(for most of us) processes. Thought this would make an interesting post so please share the wealth, If we could get a bunch of explanations(kept SIMPLE), perhaps they could be compiled into a list/article that would be pretty handy to my mind. Well lets see how it goes, thanks beforehand of course, Graiskye (y) (y)

2. Maverick83

Maverick83

3. thegooddale

thegooddale

4. Maverick83

Maverick83

5. thegooddale

thegooddale

But don't alot of the services start processes :p

6. Maverick83

Maverick83

*groans*

7. Graiskye

Graiskye Thread Starter

I knew, well thought I had stumbled across the odd list, I just foundd one at RomeTW, how to tweak XP for max performance(good thread btw). Im not too good with all the features of the board, hence no link. Ill figure it out Guess Ill leave the thread open for a day or two 'fore I mark it. Anything else? Grai

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/323505

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice