1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Processor and Mainboard compatibility help (newbie here)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MarcJamero, Jan 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MarcJamero

MarcJamero Thread Starter

:) Hi people! I am Marc, I am 19 and I am not really the dude with lots of PC hardware knowledge... But I am interested with it.

I'm new here and I need your advice on building a system. I am quite of a gamer and I am also a college student. I am planning to buy a processor and a motherboard online. And the rest of its components needed.

Here's my choices::confused:

Processor:
    Intel Pentium Dual-Core E6500 Wolfdale 2.93GHz 2MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor BX80571E6500 (FSB 1066MHz)
    Mainboard: ZOTAC GF9300-A-E LGA 775 NVIDIA GeForce 9300 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard (FSB 1333MHz or 1066MHz)

I am not sure of my choices here, guys. :(

You guys can give me any piece of advice. Also you can refer me any brands of boards and or processors that you think of. Your help means so much to me.:)

Oh by the way, my budget is ONLY around $170 (I'm only a student. What do you expect? HAHA) for both the processor and motherboard. I know its rough. Please I really need your help here. I really must go cheap on this, but gotta have "quality" with the items though.:D

I have some parts here that I can still use though. That is why I only need to buy a processor and a mainboard. I've got a...

• Tommade TC-800 micro-ATX casing w/ a 500W PS.
    • a DVD-rom/CD-writer.
    • 15" VGA monitor
    • Windows Vista Home Basic with product key.
    • AVIRA Anti-virus
    • 4x2GB DDR2 800 Kingston
    • Office 2007 Home & Student

Actually, I have an old system here at home. And I feel its really time to put "change" in it. :)
    Its a Pentium 4 2.26GHz with a ECS PT-CE800-A board. Its an AGP-slot board. Yea, I know. Its "ancient". HAHA

I really want to step in dual-cores now. I am sick of being at single-cores. 'cause EVERYTHING is limited.(n)

I will be anxiously waiting for your help people! :eek:

2. jack-o-bytes

jack-o-bytes

3. MarcJamero

Thanks.

Wow. The processor is REALLY cheap.
    And plus its a QUAD-CORE! :)
    This is AWESOME man.
    This is BUDGET PERFORMANCE!!!

LOL :p

uhm... is there another micro-ATX board for this AMD Athlon II X4 processor that supports up to 4 slots of RAMS?

anyways, I will start looking around the net. :D

4. jack-o-bytes

jack-o-bytes

5. MarcJamero

I think it don't support DDR2 RAMs. I checked it with their site... it states-- it don't. :(

6. jack-o-bytes

jack-o-bytes

You may as well get a set of DDR3 ram if you going to get a new motherboard and CPU. There are barely any 4 slot micro atx boards that are AM3 and DDR2 compatable.

Jack-O-Bytes

7. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

8. MarcJamero

??? it posts no mainboard. it says "item not found." :D

9. MarcJamero

but the link says its a GIGABYTE-GA-MA785GM-US2H-Socket-AM2-AMD-785G-A-V-GbE-MATX-Motherboard.

10. MarcJamero

cool. :D supreme coolness!

11. MarcJamero

Yea... you're definitely right.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976559

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice