1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Processor and motherboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by matt.ledger, Feb 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. matt.ledger

matt.ledger Thread Starter

I'm not too good at the whole hardware thing ... I have a relatively new processor and an old motherboard ... if i put them together will i have any problems?

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    i fthey are not compatable - yes loads of problems

whats the make and model of the items - as much info as possible

3. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

In most cases the "old motherboard" will have a completely different CPU socket than the "new processor" required, so even getting it installed can be impossible as well.

Really depends on the relative statements of "old" and "new".

4. telegramsam

telegramsam

If you don't know what either component actually is, you can assume that the answer is no, they won't work together.

5. matt.ledger

matt.ledger Thread Starter

ok cheers guys, unless you all said oh yeh that's totally fine i decided i'll just ebay them ... i'm sure someone will know what to do with them!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543487

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice