1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: processor or motherboard (overclocking)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by turbow5, Apr 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. turbow5

turbow5 Thread Starter

My computer doesnt allow OC in bios. Is it my motherboard or processor that isnt allowing this? i have a CM1730-05 motherboard and 1065 T procsssors.

Which one is keeping me from Overclocking?

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

"Common sense" should keep you from overclocking and damaging or shortening the life of your machine. It is much better to just buy a machine that already has the capabilities that you want.

It is the BIOS that has the controls for all of that, though some CPU's are blocked internally. Some can be enabled by drilling holes and creating traces or breaking ones already there, but this is very fine work that will likely kill the CPU.

3. turbow5

turbow5 Thread Starter

Well i know its "common sence" that its blocked for ar eason but i figured it was motherboard or processor.

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Overclocking settings are configured in the BIOS, and what you try is based on what type of processor is installed.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1048039