1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Product Activation

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Anoman05, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anoman05

Anoman05 Thread Starter

So I recently built a computer and installed Windows XP. I validated it and it ran fine for 3 weeks. Now when I boot it up there is a prompt that says I have 7 days to validate product and asks if I want to do it now. I hit yes and it brings me to my desktop and a prompt that says this product has already been validated. That is a pain but doesn't hinder me. However, now neither of my mice work. When I try them in other computers they work fine. When I plug it into my new computer it beeps and says new hardware, and the mouse is able to move for like 2 secs then freezes up. Could this have something to do with the whole validating thing. It is very frustrating. What can I do?

2. SigVicious

SigVicious

Not knowing exactly what your problem is, I'd try a repair. Or, if you don't get a firm answer here, you can always email Microsoft. I've had good luck with them. Go figure.

3. valis

valis Moderator

you most likely will need to contact microsoft; the process is usually painless and takes about 10-15 minutes to verify your product as genuine; that will take care of the activation issue.

as you already have a thread going about the mice, let's keep this one about the activation issues so as to not duplicate answers.

thanks,

v

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754237

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice