Solved: Program Files

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

donsor

In my main drive list of folders, there were two files which are similar but I don't what's the difference.
One lists as "Program Files" and the other "Program Files (x86)". The contents seem similar. I know that the one with (x86) has something to do with the OS which is Win7 Ultimate 64Bit.

Triple6

Rob
If you have two Program Files directories it means you have a 64-bit operating system. The "Program Files" directory is the 64-bit folder and the "Program Files (x86)" directory is the 32-bit directory. You need both of them.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online