Solved: Program that breaks up a large file ie 100MB into small files for upload?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jVirus

I would like a program that takes say a really large file, maybe even up to a gig and breaks it into smaller managable files like 5MB or whatever for transport/ upload and then someone else can download them. Know what I mean? Then a person can download pieces and not have to download a huge file. Is there something like this? Thanks.

jVirus

ill try some of these. with winrar. i divide them up and how do you reassemble them?

With WinRAR, you would need a copy of WinRAR to reassemble them (or any of many other archivers that can open RAR archives).

With ChainSaw a small batch file is produced and all you need to do to reassemble the parts is run the file so no one needs any additional software.

I usually include a trial version of WinRar along with the file sent! But most of the people I send files too have Winrar already loaded!! We all use it quite a bit!!

could simply be a very large text document, such as a thesis(with loads of images *nods and realizes thats such a weak attempt to make it sound better*), with the users email account only allowing 1 meg attachments ;)

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
I suppose I might be willing to buy that, but since another thread was closed yesterday with a P2P question.....I'm willing to bet some swamp land on it ;)

jVirus

niether. familly home movies that i am sending to family members.

jVirus

and i got it working, thanks guys. I used the xfs module option. it worked great!

Thanks for following up.

You can mark the thead "solved" using the Thread Tools.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
jVirus said:
niether. familly home movies that i am sending to family members.

Thank you for the clarification. I'll send you the title to my swampland :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts