1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: programme downloads

Discussion in 'Games' started by twiggy98, Nov 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. twiggy98

twiggy98 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Adam
    hi everyone, i was wondering if someone could help, ive got a new win 7 tower and when i try and download a game exe file it says its downloaded and finished yet the system doesnt recognise it, i can bring them down on my win vista laptop and move them to the win 7 [via a stick] and they work, but they dont work on direct download, does anyone have any ideas as to what im doing wrong, thanks...

2. peterh40

peterh40

First Name:
    Peter
    Which site are you downloading the files from?
    Are you using any download manager?
    Is the exe part of a multi-part download?

3. twiggy98

twiggy98 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Adam
    hi peter, im downloading from Demonoid as i always have done in the past, excuse my ignorance, but whats a download manager ? , on my old xp and vista computers it was ok, its only since i got this win 7 one that im having trouble

4. peterh40

peterh40

First Name:
    Peter
    The built in download features in IE or Firefox browsers are very simple affairs, where you can download files to a specific folder or to a specified folder and thats it.
    Download managers are addons that offer more features such as resumable downloads, torrent support, multiple downloads and download acceleration.
    e.g.
    For IE, I use Free Download Manager from http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/
    For Firefox there is DownloadThemAll! extension.

Demonoid is a torrent site, so the source for your download file may be unreliable and causing downloads to become corrupt in the process.

5. twiggy98

twiggy98 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Adam
    hi peter, ive downloaded the exact same file on my vista pc andd it works fine, i will however take your advice and look at the download manager, i ws just wondering if win 7 had any built in security that prevents you from downloading exe files,

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Sorry, we provide no help for illegally obtained software, thread is closed.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027344

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice