1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Programs do NOT want to install

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by koroshb, May 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. koroshb

koroshb Thread Starter

Hello all!

I finished building a custom desktop back in February and I recently upgraded it with a 64 GB SanDisk SSD. I really truly love those boot times.

Now onto the real question: When I try to install Microsoft Office 2010, it gives me an error that it can't access a certain folder, and it cancels the installation. When I try to install Skype, it's giving me a "Warning 1909" (not having access to place shortcut.ink even though i see it on the desktop), a "Error 1609" and an "Error 2303". I have full admin privileges and installing on the one and only account on the desktop. The SSD isn't even half full, and no matter whether I try to install on my secondary HDD or on the main SSD - same things happen.

I'll get the exact errors for Office 2010 when I can - I've got school finals coming up.

Thank you all so much in advance for helping me.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!