1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Programs Similar to Skype?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by lastrachris, Jul 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lastrachris

lastrachris Thread Starter

My friends and I like using Skype as a means to communicate when we start up a game of Civilizations, for example. Though now unless I want to buy Skype premium I can't add more than two people to the conference. Are there any programs that are similar in nature to Skype, but possible more tuned towards gamer use on a PC running Windows 7? Or even one that just simply eats up less bandwidth would be great. Thanks for your help.

2. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

3. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

You just want voice or video as well?

When did Skype change to two only for voice? I remember using it years ago and having 4 people on the call. I know they limited video but not voice.

4. lastrachris

It was recently. Make six months ago. And just voice would be fine, but video would be a plus.

5. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Google+ Hangouts

6. lastrachris

Is there anyway I can get a client version of the hangout instead of having to do it in browser?

7. lastrachris

Using RaidCall for this now. Thanks for the help.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1063337