1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] Promise Controller package

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JohnO28356, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JohnO28356

JohnO28356 Thread Starter

Last spring I bought a Promise Ultra133 TX2 PCI controller card. I have hunted everywhere for the CD/pamphlet that came with it, but they continue to elude me. I can get the drivers off the Promise website, but I can't remember the install procedure. Is it drivers first, then card, card first---??? I know the drives don't get connected until card is installed (I think), LOL. If someone would post the proper installation, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Do they have installation instructions on the website as well?

3. SacsTC

SacsTC

4. JohnO28356

Thanks for the responses and the link. All I was able to see were the drivers and a data sheet.

5. JohnO28356

I bought this card from NewEgg-guess it was OEM since I remember it came in a plastic bag. Thinking about it, I may not have gotten the manual or drivers. Sure can't find them. Seems like I'd have gotten drivers, though. Well, one good thing came of it anyway. I found out my old Adobe Rdr 5.0 was messed up, so I finally updated to v6.02. Thanks again.

6. SacsTC

SacsTC

It is in the "select catagory" dropdown

7. JohnO28356

Thanks, SacsTC. I found everything after your post yesterday. What I had meant to say was that when I initially checked Promise site I didn't find the manual.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!