Solved: Property tab missing from My Computer system icon

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dbmontg

When I right click on the computer icon on the desktop the properties tab is missing - can you show me how to fix this please

TerryNet

Terry
Do you have the same problem right clicking on Computer in the Start Menu and in the Navigation Pane of Windows Explorer?

(I'm assuming that by "properties tab" you mean the Properties choice in the right click context menu.)

dbmontg

Yes, I do mean the Properties choice and yes, I have the same problem when I right click on Computer on the start menu and when I click on Computer in the folder view.

TerryNet

Terry
I don't know what is causing that.

Another way to try to get there is <Windows logo key> + <Pause>. For some laptops you need to do <Fn> + <Windows logo key> + <Pause>.

dbmontg

I don't know what is causing that.

Another way to try to get there is <Windows logo key> + <Pause>. For some laptops you need to do <Fn> + <Windows logo key> + <Pause>.
This does show the screen that I need, but it doesn't fix my problem with the Properties tab not showing on the right click menu of the Computer system icon.

I tried a Restore didn't fix it.

hiya,did you try several restore points,what CD are you referring to order?please inform the make/model of your computer.

Phantom010

Trusted Advisor
Can you show us a screenshot of where this Properties tab should be?

To take a screenshot,

1- Hit the Printscreen key on your keyboard. This will copy your entire screen to the clipboard. Hitting ALT + Printscreen will only copy the active window.

2- Open Paint. (press the Windows key + R > type mspaint and click OK)

3- Select Edit.

4- Click on Paste. (or simply press CTRL+V on your keyboard)

5- Select File.

6- Click on Save As...

7- Save your screenshot as a JPEG file.

8- Attach the screenshot to your next post.

How to Attach a File

TerryNet

Terry
There's the "nuclear" solution--reinstall Windows or "recover or restore to factory defaults." But I would not suggest that if this is the only problem you are having.

You could try SFC /SCANNOW.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online