1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Proplus.msi file missing

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Pooter Panic, Feb 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Pooter Panic

Pooter Panic Thread Starter

I know this has been on the website before but I still can't get a solution to fix my computer.

Same story as everyone else:- tried to run SP3 and was told that Proplus.msi is missing. I went to some "Fix and Repair" websites which specifially said they could fix the problem - but no joy. I downloaded the msi file on another website also but the computer still wasn't happy - said it was an invalid file. :confused:

Now Excel won't work for me. :eek:

Can anyone please help me sort this problem otherwise I'll have to ditch my pooter and get a new one (which I don't want to do because I'll then have to use Office 2007 instead of 2003). :mad:

Thanks to anyone who can help!

2. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

Welcome to TSG!

Proplus.msi is part of Office XP (aka Office 2002), not Office 2003 (it's Pro11.msi in 2k3).
    Sounds like you downloaded the wrong SP3. Double check which version of Office you have, and which file you downloaded.

SP3 for Office 2003 - filename is Office2003SP3-KB923618-FullFile-ENU.exe

SP3 for Office XP - Filename starts with OfficeXpSp3-kb832671

HTH

Jerry

3. Pooter Panic

I downloaded the correct SP3 as suggested - when I ran the program it still came up asking me for Proplus.msi. I directed it towards a Proplus.msi file I had donwloaded before but it still says it is an invalid installation.

Sorry - but that didn't work.

I've got XP Professional with Front Page (and Office 2002 NOT 2003, as I thought I had). :eek:

Are there any other things that might solve this? Thanks!

4. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

Found this thread that has several things to try. See if something in there will do the trick.

HTH

Jerry

5. Pooter Panic

Thank you - I checked out the thread and (from the ones I could undertsand what to do) they haven't helped.

The thread did show me how to "Run" Excel which helps as I now can access some of the application but not all features work in it (and it still pops up windows saying that the msi file is missing and it can't install Excel).

I'd still like to get Excel working fully if anyone can suggest anything else...

Thanks!

6. Pooter Panic

I've now got myself a new computer with Vista and 2007 so everything is working fine.

Thanks for all your help in trying to solve this for me.

(y)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/803307

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice