1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: PS Cs2 crashes

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by ms_khw, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ms_khw

ms_khw Thread Starter

Hope someone can help. I'm using PS Cs2 and have 1gb of ram. No matter the size of my document/image, whether I'm using other applications or not when I use the magnetic or polygonal lasso tool, the image I'm working on (and any other image I have
    open within PS, including PS itself) turns grey and blank then turns grey with the lines of where my canvas should be, but no image. Nothing is there except this grey screen but the tool is still visible and can be used. Sometimes the images return, but in most instances I have to shut PS down, losing all of my work. I have the latest updates from Adobe installed. I changed the memory & image cache to 8 and the maximum usage to 60%, but this hasn't made any difference. I have also noticed while working on an image with the lasso tools the time can be say 0.1s and the suddenly jump to 48.4 and in some cases as much as 99.9 Anyone have any ideas what might be the cause and what I can do to solve this??

2. ferrija1

ferrija1

Try holding down Ctrl+Alt+Shift when you start PS, this will reset your prefs.

3. ms_khw

ms_khw Thread Starter

Thank you, so far so good! With regards to the timing, do I have reason to be concerned? It is something that I really don't understand. I was told that the first numbers had to be smaller then the last? If this is correct, then 48.4 is not good. A little confused here.

4. ferrija1

ferrija1

I don't get what you mean by time? In PS? In Windows? :confused:

5. ms_khw

ms_khw Thread Starter

In PS you are given an option of seeing the timing in info. After some reading online I think I understand timing it, but not entirely. The timing feature shows you how long it took to perform a function or edit say. But what's good and what's considered bad is where I'm still stuck. Because I heard the first numbers were suppose to be less then the last numbers.:confused: Oh and still no problems with things freezing up when I use the lasso! :)

6. ferrija1

ferrija1

Didn't even know about that.... Could you tell me where you turn it on or where it is?

7. ms_khw

ms_khw Thread Starter

You will find it under Info or by clicking the small arrow at the bottom of your canvas. Select Show and then timing.

8. lister

lister

Timing just shows how long the tool is actively used.
    eg: if you were to use the brush, it would be the length of time you applied colour to the canvas, which increases progressively as the tool is used, and is reset when a new tool is selected.
    Just a simplified stopwatch.

9. ms_khw

ms_khw Thread Starter

Thank you so much listner. I now see that there is no reason to panic over the larger #.
    msk

10. ferrija1

ferrija1

If your thread is solved, please mark your thread solved by selecting Mark Solved and clicking Perform Action in the Thread Tools at the top of your thread. ;)

11. ms_khw

ms_khw Thread Starter

You must have missed something. I marked it solved right after posting my comment to listner.

12. ferrija1

ferrija1

I wasn't solved when I saw it. :confused:

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542089

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice