1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: PS2 To PC Lagging with PVR-150-MCE

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mclarenvj, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mclarenvj

mclarenvj Thread Starter

Hi,

I dont really know if this the right place to post this, but i've been trying to connect my PS2 to My Pc For just generall playing, but when i do it lags for about 5 secs, i use a Component connection (the 1 that came with the ps2) my PS2 is also the older model.

I noticed that the sound id coming out at the same time as the video on my pc screen. and that everything is coming out about 5 seconds after it hapend

2. mclarenvj

mclarenvj Thread Starter

3. mclarenvj

mclarenvj Thread Starter

4. mclarenvj

mclarenvj Thread Starter

5. WarZard

WarZard

I have the exact same card, and I've had the exact same issue! However, I came up with a nice little solution! :)

1) Download GB-PVR, a third party PVR application
    2) Install it, and configure it to detect your PS2 through Composite, Channel 1 will do
    3) When all is said and done, go to misc > and under 'Deinterlacing' instead of 'Encoder Pass-through', select 'None'

There, you're done! You've bypassed the MPEG2 Hardware Encoder for the PVR-150 MCE, resulting in a 0 sec delay image! However, quality takes a slight hit here.

I've found that AVS TV Box, another third party application, does the same thing, with no quality loss, but that isn't free like GB-PVR is. Just thought you should know.

Have a good one! Hope this helps!

If you have any troubles, feel free to email me.

[email protected]

^^ for the love of god, don't ask...

6. mclarenvj

mclarenvj Thread Starter

WOAH THANKS!
    i'm trying it now

7. mclarenvj

mclarenvj Thread Starter

how do i configure it, because im not so good when it comes to configuring...

instructions the way you did would be useful

8. WarZard

WarZard

Hold on then, I'll boot it up and walk you through it.

9. mclarenvj

mclarenvj Thread Starter

thanks

10. mclarenvj

mclarenvj Thread Starter

11. WarZard

WarZard

Okay, booted! First thing you're gonna do is quite obvious: Open the configuration utility! That's as simple as clicking the mouse button. Start > All Programs > GB-PVR > Config. There, the config utility!

Next, what I always do when I install this lil' neat PVR application. Or any PVR application for that matter.

Under the tab 'Capture Sources', click 'Add'. Source Name could be 'PlayStation® 2', if you so wish.

Now, next to 'Recording Source', leave it at default, and click 'Settings' next to the dropdown. Tick 'Only show devices detected in this machine', and you'll see your card name. So far so good.

Country, is, well, your country. Can't guide you through that one, you gotta know where you live! :)

Leave 'Board Number' at default, and look at 'Source'! Instead of 'Internal Tuner', choose 'Composite, External Tuner'. Next, set quality profile for 'High Quality'. Then finally, click Ok-- you're done with the 'Recording Source' part.

Next to 'EPG Source', click 'Settings', then 'Browse' and choose 'config.xml' in the default directory that pops up. Then click Ok.

Now, click 'Update EPG', then Ok. Lastly!

Click 'Add', then under Channel Name, choose a name, for example 'PlayStation® 2' is suitable. Then under Channel Number simply write '1'.

Click 'Ok', and... you've configured your capture source, woo. Now, for the very last thing to do in this tiring config.

Under the 'Misc' tab, tick 'Use Live Preview mode if possible', and then tick 'Return from timeshift mode on channel change'. Lastly, to disable the blasted Hardware Encoder, under 'Deinterlacing:' choose 'None'. And you're done!

Hope that helps, that was quite a walkthrough, but if you have any trouble, I'll help!

12. computerboyo

computerboyo

will this work for sony's location free player?

13. mclarenvj

mclarenvj Thread Starter

sony's location freeplayer uses broadband to connect...
    i am assuming that you mean to watch tv with it...

14. KingGoldark

KingGoldark

I have the EPG configured on GBPVR for my capture card (PVR-150), but for some reason GBPVR still fails to detect the "playstation" channel. It's asking me to update the EPG yet again. I'm running Vista with the newest version of GBPVR and I'm lost right now. Any thoughts / ideas?

15. WarZard

WarZard

KingGoldark,

It would help if you told us a little more what you've done. Have you updated your EPG -after- you've added Channel 1? Have you tried making a copy of config.xml and renaming it config2.xml? Is the source right? (External, Composite)

Try these things and get back to me.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!