1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: PSU problem!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by c0rruptioN, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. c0rruptioN

c0rruptioN Thread Starter

i just recieved another psu and installed it, now when i turn on my pc it makes a this sound that sounds like its short-curicuting and then it shuts off. what does that mean?

2. shinybeast

shinybeast

Sounds like you diagnosed it. Did you get smells? Examine mobo and everything connected for evidence of a short. When you find it you've most likely found the problem.

3. win2kpro

win2kpro

Didn't you already have a problem with a power supply? What is the EXACT make and model of the power supply you are trying to use?

4. c0rruptioN

c0rruptioN Thread Starter

ok false alarm guys...for now. it seemed that i had the gfx card power plugged to the HDD and DVD/CD drive and vice-versa, hope it didn't do any damage but the HDD and CD DVD drave had some weird things when they tried to start up, it still sounded like they were short circuiting but everything is working fine rom the looks of it, let me just see what happens when i insert a disc to be sure.

EDIT: ok thanks for fast replies guys but i think everything is going good now for now. SOLVED!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!