1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: public folders in outlook acting funny....any body know why?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by wild_child, May 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wild_child

wild_child Thread Starter

We are working in network and have our contact folder logged on the server. There are 5 PC linked to the server. All the contacts are present as we can locate them using a manual search but when we try to search for a specific contact the reply is always “No Items Found”. I have tried to do a normal search as well as advanced search to no avail. This function was working fine until recently even though no new software or hardware has been installed. I have checked the configuration on the folder and permission is given at an owner level to all users, and the problem exists with all users.

I have come to the conclusion that when we perform the search the views change, as i have tried to copy the whole folder and there appears to be no contacts in the new folder however on the bottom left hand corner there are the same amount of contacts listed.....(see screen shots)

:confused: If before i run a search it is in a certain view is it normal for it to change views during the search and not be able to display the search results? :confused:

I have checked in permissions and all the PCs have owner level to the public folders.

anybody have any ideas on how to solve this?

not sure if this is the right place to post.....

Attached Files:

2. Rockn

Rockn

Is it set up as a searchable address list within Outlook? Open your address book and go to Tools > Options and have it listed under the list of address lists to use for Outlook. I am not sure how public folders work in this capacity.

3. wild_child

I cant seem to find that option, if i select the tools and then options, it is the same option as if i am in any folder...I cannot find that option could it be this? (see attached)
    I guess that it should be because we have not changed any settings recently and it used to work.....

Attached Files:

4. wild_child

the problem is definatly a viewing problem because on the bottom left hand of the screen it shows that the contacts exist and if i look at the folder size it indicates that there is something there. the search works in all of the folders except the public folders. getting really desprate:(

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/360947

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice