1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Purchasing more RAM

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jethsy, Aug 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jethsy

jethsy Thread Starter

I need to buy SDRAM. I found what I need on ebay. Anybody have experience with buying this type of thing on ebay? I have plenty of experience with ebay, but not with computer needs. Thanks.

2. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

Hit and miss. If your going to buy buy from someone with a high and good rating or from one that is running it as a store. If you get something like this with 2 transactions and 1 neg the chance your getting bad RAM is prolly higher. So far *cross my fingers* I have not had a bad ebay computer transaction.

3. Dick1038

Dick1038

I once bought PC133 sticks through Amazon. They wouldn't work. So I did a Google search and found Memory Giant. I typed in my computer brand and model. They recommended a certain PC133 stick and guaranteed it would work. It did. I upgraded two computers this way.

The moral of the story is to get a money-back guarantee when you buy memory.

4. jethsy

jethsy Thread Starter

Thanks to you both. :)

5. replay

replay

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!