1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Pure networks platform service keeps closing its self

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Jage1992, Oct 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jage1992

Jage1992 Thread Starter

Hey,
    my apologies if this has already been posted, have been trying to find this for ages. I have a linksys wireless-g reciever and a linksys wireless-g router. Problem is, every time pure networks platform service starts on start up, it says it had to close, sorry for the inconvenience. I've tried starting it again with Start -> Run but it just closes it's self every time.

I've also tried uninstalling and re installing my receiver's drivers, but no joy. Does anybody know what's going on here?

Thanks,
    Jage

2. Paladinz

Paladinz

Hi Jage1992

Pure Networks Platform Service is not related to your wireless reciever or router but to the software Network Magic from http://www.purenetworks.com/ (although it is sometimes bundled with routers).

What operating system are you using and what version of Network Magic do you have?

This may not apply to your operating system but there is a fix for this issue (under XP & Vista, I have no idea if this works under Win7) at http://www.purenetworks.com/support/faq/195.html

3. Jage1992

Jage1992 Thread Starter

I'm running Windows Xp 32 bit, and I have no idea what version I have or how to check, it could be part of a previous package, I had a different reciever before, which was a belkin, and everything came off the disk, never even knew I had it. And I get a message come up in my Linksys network manager telling me pure networks platform isn't running, and that it can't connect to the internet. Not very good with the whole wireless buisness, so I'm not too sure what I'm doing

Thanks for the reply!
    Jage

4. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Have you tried restarting the Pure Networks Platform Service from the Services?

Click Start > Run > type services.msc

Locate that service and double-click it. Start it and set the Startup Type to Automatic.

5. Jage1992

Jage1992 Thread Starter

Like I said, I tried starting it from run in the start menu, keeps closing it's self

6. Phantom010

Did you check for dependencies on that service?

Do you have the Pure Networks Net2Go Service and is it Started and Automatic?

7. Jage1992

Jage1992 Thread Starter

Not sure how to check the dependencies, and I don't know if I have the Pure Networks Net2Go service. It all came on the cd's, my first was a belkin cd, which I thought I had completely uninstalled, and the second was my current one the linksys reciever disk.

Thanks,
    Jage

8. Phantom010

First, click Start > Run > type services.msc

Double-click on the Pure Networks Platform Service.

Select the Dependencies tab.

In the "This service depends on the following system components" window, what are the services you see, if any?

As for the Pure Networks Net2Go Service, look at the list of services. If present, it should be next to the Pure Networks Platform Service.

9. Jage1992

Jage1992 Thread Starter

I do not have Pure net2go service, and the dependencies are:
    Windows Management Instrumentation
    and if I click the plus to expand the list I get:
    Event log
    and Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Should I download the Net2Go Service?

Thanks,
    Jage

10. Phantom010

Make sure those dependencies are indeed Started and Automatic. You'll find them in the list of services.

11. Jage1992

Jage1992 Thread Starter

Windows Management Instrumentation is started and on automatic and so is everything else, however Windows Management Instrumentation Driver Extensions are there and not started or set to automatic, and there's a Remote Procedure Call Locator there, do I need to start those?

Thanks again!
    Jage

12. Phantom010

No, that should be Manual.

13. Phantom010

No, that also should be Manual.

14. Jage1992

Jage1992 Thread Starter

Ahh ok, is there anything else I can check?

Thanks for helping,
    Jage

15. Phantom010

Is the Pure Networks Platform Service even needed anymore?

Did that software come with Belkin?

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/958270

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice