1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Quad core cpu

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by devil, Jan 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. devil

devil Thread Starter

My pc has a quad core cpu but if i look at the performance tab of task manager there`s only one large white box showing activity. Some places are saying that there should be 4 boxes for a quad core cpu and some are saying not. Under boot options it states 1 processor and again some places are saying to leave this alone and some are saying to change it to 4.
    Does anyone have a definitive answer on this and what settings they should be?

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

The test is this
    please see my screenshots
    1. If you look again at task manager does it list as indicated on my arrow - cores
    2. On Task manager click open resource monitor - now see my second screenshot
    3. You should NOT change the processors on boot options, just as you should not change the max mem both of those are for testing purposes only -

Attached Files:

3. devil

devil Thread Starter

It`s exactly as your screenshots except for mine has 4 cores as oppose to your three.
    Thanks for that, i shall leave it as it is so.
    Again thank you.

4. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

You are welcome.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1117646

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice