Solved: Question about an ERROR message.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jparr111

A friend of mine asked me about this. When she visits a certain site(www.hgtv.com
) she gets an ERROR message...

"an error has occurred in the script on this page

line 1175
char 1
error object expected
code 0
then the url
do you want to continue running scripts on this page

yes no
this shows up every time i do anything there."

This happens on her home and work computer.
I went into the site and had no problems...

Any help appreiciated.

The site makes use of Javascript, so updating the JRE (Java Runtime Engine) on the PCs may help.

Also turning off script error notifications would help. (Try that first)

Internet Explorer - Tools - Internet Options - Advanced

Tick any "Disable script Debugging..." entries
Untick "Display a notification about every script error"

(Its simply an incompatability between the coding on the site and the software on the PC)

i have tried turning off the script debugging and all that other good stuff but it doesn't work. i still get those pesky messages

jparr111

Friend still getting the pesky message but not worried about it now. Thanks for the help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online