1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Question about safety

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by ti-gris, Feb 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ti-gris

ti-gris Thread Starter

I would llke to install an external HDD to protect my system and data on a real time basis,
    I read about Clickfree C6, is it ok or something better?

2. AtlBo

AtlBo

Amazon reviews seem to be very mixed on this product. The good reviews are very good, but I get concerned when I read that backup hardware fails, especially when customer service claims that a key update was missing from the software for the device. Also, there are claims of this device erasing entire backups, worse not just a single isolated claim.

This should be as simple as simple can be. Maybe you would be better off buying an external hard drive caddy and buying a standard hard drive. If you save a little money you could then spend on a really sturdy real time disk imager program.

Going another route, I don't know if your system is RAID compatible, but that system is the one that seems to have been the most reliable over the years. You can check in your BIOS to see if you have RAID compatibility. Here's a good article on the subject:

http://lifehacker.com/352472/set-up-real+time-bulletproof-backup-drive-redundancy-with-raid

For certain, if you are in any doubt about whether to spend money on backup, do spend the money.

3. ti-gris

ti-gris Thread Starter

AtlBo

Thanks for reply. you say:
    "If you save a little money you could then spend on a really sturdy real time disk imager program" That sounds good
    can you point me to a few, I'm not savvy in hardware. Thanks in advance.

4. AtlBo

AtlBo

ti-gris. I don't real time backup presently, but I have heard that Acronis is the best. There is also a freeware software called Macrium Reflect. It gets very good ratings from users.

You can Google around and see what you find. There are many opinions on this subject.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089818

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice