1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Question about upgrading RAM

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MK8796, May 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MK8796

MK8796 Thread Starter

I wanted to know if there is a way to upgrade the RAM in my laptop, which is a Toshiba laptop. Here's the specs:

-Manufacturer: Toshiba
    -Model: Satellite C75D-B
    -Windows 8.1
    -Processor: AMD A6-6310 APU with AMD Radeon R4 Graphics 1.80 GHz
    -Installed RAM: 4.00 GB
    -System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

I was wondering if I can upgrade the RAM chip in the computer. I like to play PC games which it runs well, but some more intensive ones have low FPS. If anyone could let me know if I can/can't upgrade my laptop's RAM, i'd appreciate it. Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

2. vlox

vlox

What is your current ram model and motherboard?

3. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    There are a few different C75D-B models, can you provide the additional product ID numbers that should also be on the tag on the bottom. Will be something like PSCLEU-006004

4. MK8796

MK8796 Thread Starter

The numbers are:

Part Number: PSCLEU-006004

Serial No.:7E090804U

5. Dougx789

Dougx789

If you visit a site like Crucial.com and enter your laptops make and model it will tell you the total RAM your laptop can have, it will also list some RAM modules that are guaranteed to be compatible.

You can either buy directly from Crucial or use the specs on the RAM they list to find some elsewhere.

Your laptop can have a total of 16GB of RAM, you have two RAM slots.

--

However, your laptop is not a gaming laptop and you bottle neck will be your integrated graphics.

Do not expect a RAM upgrade to get you a large performance boost and it may not give you a FPS increase at all.

6. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You have a Toshiba Satellite C75D-B(PSCLEU-006004) laptop which supports a maximum of 16 GB of DDR3 RAM.

Since it's running Windows 8.1 64-bit, you should increase it from its current 4 GB to 8 GB.
    Maxing it out to 16 GB is a waste of money and won't improve speed or performance over 8 GB.

I have to agree with Dougx789.
    Its AMD A6-6310 APU 1.80 GHz processor and AMD graphics is a performance bottleneck.
    An AMD A10 APU series processor in it would've been better.

----------------------------------------------

7. MK8796

MK8796 Thread Starter

Thanks for the feedback, ill have to take a look into the chips you recommended. I know this computer isn't the best, but it does run the games I play very well.

8. TheFireRodan

TheFireRodan

Use some monitoring tools to find out if your RAM maxes during gameplay.
    If not, then adding more is useless.
    If so, adding more MAY still be useless due to your other components.

9. MK8796

MK8796 Thread Starter

What monitoring tools would I use to check the RAM use during a game?

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1148090

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice