Solved: Question About Winamp 5?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jack1000

Guys,

I really like Winamp's features and functionality even better than Windows Media Player. My question is that when I minimize Winamp, it doesn't show in the Taskbar the way all other programs do. Is this design by default? I had to go into the Start Menu to launch Winamp and put a shortcut on my desktop to close out of the Media Content that is playing. Can I change the behavior of Winamp 5 so that it shows minimized on the task bar? My computer is all up-to-date and there is no evidence of any viruses or malware. I update and run malware removal software very religiously.

Jack

Jack1000 said:
Guys,

I really like Winamp's features and functionality even better than Windows Media Player. My question is that when I minimize Winamp, it doesn't show in the Taskbar the way all other programs do. Is this design by default? I had to go into the Start Menu to launch Winamp and put a shortcut on my desktop to close out of the Media Content that is playing. Can I change the behavior of Winamp 5 so that it shows minimized on the task bar? My computer is all up-to-date and there is no evidence of any viruses or malware. I update and run malware removal software very religiously.

Jack
options -> preferences -> general prefernces

there is

show winamp in

taskbar, system tray checkboxes

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Personally, I like it to minimize to the system tray, the taskbar gets too cluttered anyway. ;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online