Solved: Question about Windows Malicious Software removal tool

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bellisimo

What good is this tool? Every so often Microsoft installs a newer version of it into my computer but I have never seen it find any viruses or Trojans. My other security software like AVG has found such pests but never, to my knowledge, has this Malicious Software Tool found anything.

What good is this tool? Every so often Microsoft installs a newer version of it into my computer but I have never seen it find any viruses or Trojans. My other security software like AVG has found such pests but never, to my knowledge, has this Malicious Software Tool found anything.
Never use it myself. I have my windows update set to notify me when updates are available. Then I decide what to download and install using the "Custom" button on the update site.

Raybro

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
The MSRT is usually released along with the high-priority updates that Microsoft releases on the second Tuesday of every month. Allow it to download and install with the rest of the high-priority updates. It doesn't hurt anything.

I deal with updates the same way that Raybro does so I have complete control over what gets downloaded and installed.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online