1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Question of Bandwidth

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by Chantreya, Jan 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Chantreya

Chantreya Thread Starter

I'm going pretty cheap as far as purchasing my domain and website, but I still want to know that I'm getting the best deal for my budget possible.

This host offers 2,000 GB of site transfer. Is site transfer the same as bandwidth? If so, how many pageviews are we talking a day? If not, where is the amount of bandwidth listed on their site and what about the earlier question? I just want to know how much bandwidth I'm getting and how many pageviews we're talkin'.

Oh! And ummm... I'm pretty stupid when it comes to this stuff. I don't know what over half of those features are, and if I do know, I just have a vague idea. Anyway, I know the pageviews thing will be hard to figure since there are many variables, but any help and guesstimations are very welcome! Thanks in advance!

2. Shadow2531

Shadow2531

Yeh, that should be how much bandwidth you can use a month. Do note that uploading and downloading files via ftp to and from your web space uses that bandwidth also.

There should be an option to at least check how much you've used so far and possibly an option to notify you via email if you go over your limit.

Never used them before, so I can't say if they are good or not.

3. namenotfound

namenotfound

2,000 GB is plenty. Unless your site gets thousands of hits per day I'd say you got more than enough :)
    Most small sites never go over 5-10 GB per month. Larger sites usually no more than 20-30

4. Chantreya

Chantreya Thread Starter

Thanks, namenotfound and Shadow! =D I really appreciate your replies. They helped me out a lot and filled in the site transfer hole for me. Thanks again! ^^

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!