1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Question regarding two entries in spyboy S+D

Discussion in 'General Security' started by ty007, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ty007

ty007 Thread Starter

I have been getting two entries in my spybot S+D scan every time I do a scan. One of them is listed as Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter_disabled the other is Microsoft.Windows.AppFirewallBypass. Are these two entries something I should be worried about? They continue to reappear every time I scan despite having been fixed every time I do a scan. My Norton scan comes up clean, however I did an online scan using kaspersky online scanner and found one infected item titled Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Turk.a. I am not sure of the two are connected or not however my computer has definitely been running at a subpar speed lately.

Are the two entries from S+D something I need to worry about or are they connected to my antivirus suite? I did multiple searches online and couldn't find any info on these entries. Any information that someone can provide would be appreciated.

2. stantley

stantley

Those Spybot entries are OK, they sometimes appear when you have a third party firewall and other security software installed.

But if you had a trojan on your PC and the system is running slow I would post a HJT log on the Malware forum to see if there is still an infection.

Go to this site http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/threat_analytics/hijackthis.php?page=download.

Click on 'Download HijackThis Installer'.

*Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop, or to the location where you normally download.
    *Double-click on HJTInstall.exe.
    *Click on Install.
    *By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis.
    *Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
    *Click on the 'Do a system scan and save a logfile button'. It will scan and the log will open in notepad.
    *Click Save to save the log file.
    *Click on 'Edit > Select All' then click on 'Edit > Copy' (or Ctrl-C) to copy the entire contents of the log.
    *Start a new thread on the Malware Removal forum and Paste (or Ctrl-V) the log in the message.

*DO NOT have HijackThis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

3. ty007

ty007 Thread Starter

Ok thats kind of what I figured regarding those entries because Norton is a third party app...I havent used it before recently so I wasnt sure if that was the reasoning behind the firewall exceptions....Thanks for your input and yeah I will try posting a log in the malware forums regarding that trojan.

4. Michael York

Michael York

Hi ty007,

This is Mike from the Norton Authorized Support Team.

To ensure that SpyBot and Norton work well together without causing conflicts, make sure that Norton is fully updated with the latest patches. You will also need to disable both the TeaTimer and SD Helper functions in SpyBot as well. Both of these settings are located under the "Advanced Settings" tab in SpyBot.

Thanks,
    Mike

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!