1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Quick Launch.

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by *aussie_blondie, Jul 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. *aussie_blondie

*aussie_blondie Thread Starter

Running Win98SE.

Do the programmes in Quick Launch, which is on the task bar, load at start up therefore using ram?

2. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

No they do not.

3. *aussie_blondie

Ahhh, thank you. I thought they probably were so they opened faster when clicked on. So it's just that having the name of the programme there makes it easier to find quickly then?

4. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

It was, *I think*, created to replace the old office toolbar, if you remember that.

For me I put my frequently used programs there and like it for the single click it takes to open them. If you have a short-cut on your desktop it takes two clicks if you are not using the web enhancement feature, which I personally don't like.

5. raybro

raybro

Just the difference in preferences. I have been using the single click option for all operations for some time now. Whenever I use someone elses computer, it takes me a while to get used to doing the double click again. To me, the single click is just more efficient.

Raybro

6. *aussie_blondie

Thanks, Cybertech. Appreciated muchly.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485932

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice