Solved: Quick question about raid

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rhorne4

If a motherboard supports raid and i do not run raid,do i need to install the raid drivers when i install the os.Thank's for any information.

Triple6

Rob
You might. Depends on the chipset, if its an Intel or VIA you can disable the RAID functionality or switch the SATA controller in a legacy PATA mode and you may not have to load the drivers. With ATI I'm not sure but you will likely need to load the drivers, with Nvidia you do and with add-on controllers you wil as well.

You'll know soon enough if you don't load the SATA/RAID drivers, the WIndows installation just won't see a hard drive.

rhorne4

Thank's for the reply.I know nothing about using a raid since i have never been interested in running one.The board i am using is an intel board with raid 0/1/0 +1/5 matrix raid if this tells you anything.

Triple6

Rob
I believe you might need to make the driver diskette and press F6 during Windows setup to load the drivers.

It shoudl tell you how to do it in the manual if there's no floppy disk included with the board.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
You might also try telling us the exact model of the Intel board, makes it easier to find out what is and isn't required.

I'd guess that being an Intel board, you probably won't have to load the drivers, since the two that I've used both emulated IDE drives when the RAID wasn't enabled.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online