1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Quicken 98 Windows 8

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by AAAFAN, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AAAFAN

AAAFAN Thread Starter

My original version was on a floppy disk so couldn't install on new W8 PC

Downloaded and installed free version from

http://www.oldversion.com/windows/quicken-98

and copied backup files from old PC. All running fine.

2. md2lgyk

md2lgyk

So? This is a computer help forum. Do you have a question?

3. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    Im very familiar with old version and old apps. you can find a lot of very good older programs from them.i guess he solved his own problem and was helping others with the same dilemma.

4. AAAFAN

AAAFAN Thread Starter

Exactly

5. md2lgyk

md2lgyk

Perhaps, but what's the point of trying to run a 15-year-old program?? Makes about as much sense as reverting to Windows 3.1.

6. AAAFAN

AAAFAN Thread Starter

Primarily because it does everything that is expected of it perfectly. Switching any other system would be time consuming, prone to error and unnecessary.

This article from a UK newspaper may tell you more.

The withdrawal of Money and Quicken from the UK market has been a big problem for many users, and there does seem to be a dearth of alternatives. For what it’s worth I’m still using Quicken 2000 for my relatively modest bookkeeping needs, and it runs on Windows 7 in Compatibility mode, though some of the more advanced features no longer work. The problem is that once you have got used to an application like Money and Quicken, transferring your accounts and learning to use new software can be an uphill struggle, moreover none of them have all of the features of the older programs, or the same kind of support for UK banks and investments.

7. md2lgyk

md2lgyk

Withdrawn from the UK market?? Why not buy it from Amazon or some other place on the internet??

8. AAAFAN

AAAFAN Thread Starter

Because, as I indicated above the current/later versions do not support UK requirements. eg downloading UK Share prices.
    Further, it's not free on Amazon.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!