1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Radeon 9250 message Computer won't work

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by chrisnyc, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chrisnyc

chrisnyc Thread Starter

Hi-- I have windows Xp. The last few times I tried to start up the computer, the usual loading stuff came on, and then froze with the graphic windows xp and the loading bar. Now I cant even get to that point--the screen is basically black, with the type saying:
    " Radeon 9250 B817D16.DA0802.MIR and on the bottom right of the screen it says 2D

HELP what is going on? I can't buy another computer right now, and tech support is basically the same cost as buying one. YIKES. Is this about my graphics card going bad or something? I don't even play videos on that computer, so it is strange that it would burn out, but we did have a blackout, but I am on a surge protector. HELP, what can I do? What is wrong?

Thank you!

2. The Hound

The Hound

Welcome to TSG...

Can you boot to safe mode? Press F8 continually at the first logo screen...pick safe mode from the boot menu.

In safe mode, click start, run, type devmgmt.msc and click ok.

Click the plus to expand 'display adapters', right click the radeon 9250, and select remove (or uninstall).

Reboot normally and see if Windows rediscovers and reloads the drivers for the card.

3. chrisnyc

chrisnyc Thread Starter

Hi the Hound! thank you so much-- I am not at that computer right now. My first logo screen at this point is that message about radeon, will try to get to safe mode.
    WIll print out your instructions and give it a try. WIll report back with results tonight or tomorrow. hopefully it will work.

Thank you again for your reply !!!!

4. chrisnyc

chrisnyc Thread Starter

(y)
    It worked you advice was perfect. funny whn i got into it, it said radeon 9200 prop family ( which I removed) and Pro SEC famiy ( which I did not touch)

None the less, it worked. my computer is healthy. Thank you so much hound!!!

5. chrisnyc

chrisnyc Thread Starter

typos that is pro family!

6. The Hound

The Hound

Good deal...please use the thread tools at the top right to mark this one solved...

>>EDIT:--Whoops---you already did. Glad it worked!

7. chrisnyc

chrisnyc Thread Starter

well, it is a temporary fix. it keeps happening and I solve it with your advice Hound. Do you think that if I clicked on the Radeon SEC one, it might solve it perminanetly? Scared to try with out consulting you first.

The problem rears its ugly head usually when I am trying to start the computer, or else it starts normally, and freezes while working on it. I try to turn computer on, and it has the radeon message. I follow what you told me to do, and it works for a while.

thanks, I look forward to further advice.

christy

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/597499

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice