1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Radeon 9600 series slug!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by alucrd2001, Apr 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. alucrd2001

alucrd2001 Thread Starter

Recently i re-installed Counter-strike: source and before it launches it says my videocard drivers are out of date. So logically i went to ATI website and searched for drivers for my Radeon 9600 series. Installs fine then all visuals run very sluggish. windows minimizing go at very slow frames to transparent frames before finaly minimizing and everything else seems to be running a lot slower.. Any ideas anyone? could my vid card be partially fried?

2. TekTime

TekTime

I wouldn't conclude that the video card is fried without first finding "Decent" drivers.
    Try the Omega drivers, post back if that helps.

http://www.omegadrivers.net

3. alucrd2001

When i install the ATI website drivers it seems to kill my directx.

4. alucrd2001

Omega drivers do the same thing. seems to kill directx and make my pc very sluggish. Am i safe to assume my GFX card is fried??

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916333

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice