1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Radeon HD 6950 performing really slow 30 fps average choppy gameplay

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dismund, Aug 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dismund

Dismund Thread Starter

Here's my current setup:

AMD A8-3850 Llano 2.9GHz
    SAPPHIRE 100312-3SR Radeon HD 6950
    CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB
    GIGABYTE GA-A75-UD4H FM1 AMD A75
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    Antec HCG-750 750W ATX12V Power Supply

I just got this system put together yesterday (first build) and everything seems to be running fine. The only problem is I got a few games installed and the FPS is horrible and every game seems to lag really bad. I've tested it in 3 different games: World of Warcraft, League of Legends, and Civilization 5. I know something is wrong because I used to have a Geforce GTS 450 and I would get around 40-60 FPS in World of Warcraft with good-high settings. Now with this new setup it's anywhere from 11-30 usually sitting at around 30 FPS on normal settings.

The performance so far has been really bad. I have the right drivers installed. Just to be sure I had the right ones installed I reinstalled them today. I'm not sure what could be causing this. This card was supposed to have some really good performance.

I'm wondering how I can fix this, or if I have to get a new card or something. (I sure hope not)

2. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    Can you run a DXDiag and save all the information to a text file on your desktop, then copy and paste the contents of that file into a reply (or upload the file itself)?

3. Dismund

Dismund Thread Starter

Yes here you go, sorry it's kind of long

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!