1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: radeon vista issues

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by digi_astrid, Nov 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. digi_astrid

digi_astrid Thread Starter

ok so I have a driver issue with my radeon saphire X1650 pci express card and vista worked fine on xp but then decided to upgrade to vista looked so nice on my husbands pc and works fine. I built this one myself. I know its a vista/driver issue cause I uninstall it pc runs pretty fast put it on is slow down extremly and hangs. won't run games. I have a amd 64 fx dual core processor 4 gigs of ddr2 ramm and the card has 512mb 2 hard drives that are 250 gigs each. I got a 32 bit vista but I think I may need 64. I've looked and looked and I find forums with people having this issue but no solution.

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

What issue?

3. digi_astrid

like I said it runs extremley slow and hangs and I can't run any games I don't have another couple of hundred lying around to get a new card and the drivers are supposed to be vista. but can't really do anything on the pc without uninstalling the driver so I know its got to be a driver issue.

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

Completely uninstall the driver. Remove the drivers from Device Manager and uninstall anything you see in Programs & Features. Delete the folders. Then, run one of these cleaners to get any remaining pieces.

Driver Cleaner Professional
    Nasty File Remover

Reboot and install another driver. The latest may not be the best. Check the archived drivers and install one that came out a while after your card did (or your machine).

5. digi_astrid

yup no help I can't find anything and haven't gotten a responce from ati and well you know windows it will cost me to ask them for help.

6. digi_astrid

had to go thru the ati sapphire faq to get a link to vista beta drivers and that worked.:)

7. Elvandil

Elvandil

Good news. Glad you found those. If they work OK, you better stick with them.

You can mark your own threads "solved" using the Thread Tools above.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/647509

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice