Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: RAM limit and Audio IDT high definition audio codec code 10

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Steven5928 
#1 ·
Hello, my name is steven and I would like to begin by saying that I am an amateur when it comes to working with computers. I wanted to free up space to operate my computer faster and hopefully stop lagging while playing games or just browsing for that matter and it seems the only certain amount of RAM to add to increase my speed is the lowest that is sold @ kingston technology which is a 1GB card. Unfortunately, being the amateur I am, I was stumped here , http://www.kingston.com/us/memory/system_specific/server where they ask for my manufacturer, product line, and model. I plugged in all the numbers I could think of that might work for each but nothing matched when it came to the model # and I personally have no clue what my product line is so as I said I was just guessing I have all the information about my computer (from what I believe to be the complete transcript of it) and I just need to be able to answer the questions on kingston technologie's website so I can get my recommended RAM card that will hopefully be compatible with my computer. Nothing about product line is stated and the manufacturer of the cpu is unclear and so I would like help identifying the answers to the three questions posed on kingston technologies website.

IDT High definition audio codec (code 10)
The title explains it all I went into device manager and the only thing with an ! on it was the IDT high definition audio codec and "PCI simple communications controller" beside it under the same category.The IDT high definition audio codec is filed under "sound cards" in my computer's information software so I presume it is the ultimate cause of my problem where no sound is being played through any speaker or headset I have tried. It also displays (code 10) "this device cannot start" beside it when I look at it's properties in the device manager and I tried updating the driver but the latest version was already installed. If I could recieve help on this problem that would be much appreciated,:confused: thank you for reading.

See less See more
#2 ·
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1022 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 238409 MB, Free - 192384 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0FJ030
Antivirus: McAfee VirusScan, Updated: No, On-Demand Scanner: Disabled

These are my computer stats using the techguy's software to identify my information

#3 ·
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.