1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: RAM recognization problems

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by chart2006, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chart2006

chart2006 Thread Starter

I have the Biostar N4SLI-A9 Mobo with 4Gb DDR PC3200 RAM. It only recognizes 3 of the 4 DIMM slots or more specifically 2.75Gb of RAM as my system information gives me. The Mobo is suppose to be able to handle up to 4Gb of RAM. I've tried reseating the and even moving the chips around and even taking the DIMM4 chip completely out and all still the same "2.75" I've written to Tech support to Biostar but they take forever to get back to ya.

Any help???

2. steven1350

steven1350

Could be a dead RAM slot....

3. chart2006

chart2006 Thread Starter

I'm hoping not but then again i've had only bad luck with this mobo along with a couple of my peers who have the exact same one that came in there Cyberpower Desktops. One had all sorts of problems with the SLI. When i first bought it I had problems with the compatability between my graphics card and sound card. Even with all the updates still wouldn't work together so i bought another mobo only with 1 PCI-E x16 slot instead of two. It worked for me and so did the 4 sticks of ram. lol! The only reason I even went back to this mobo is because over the last few months many updates have come out for both sound and graphics card and i thought about trying the SLI eventually. So far evreything but the Ram is working good. lol! I was hoping the idea of a dead DIMM slot wouldn't be the problem because 4gb's of Ram is a lot that i really do like to have at my disposal. :p

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537999

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice