1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: ram usage over 50% when idle!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by KenpoDon, Apr 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. KenpoDon

KenpoDon Thread Starter

Didn't find an answer in forums so will post. All applications closed and system is idle but ram is always over 50%. What's up with that? I'm between beginner and intermediate.
    When I go to task manager there are tons of stuff listed that I have no clue what they are, most have 00 so I guess they aren't doing anything.

Acer Aspire 7720
    Windows Ultimate
    2GB RAM
    250GB HD
    Intel Core 2 Duo, T5250, 1.5 GHz, 667 MHz
    Temp. is 112 - 115

Thanks, Don

2. OneLuv

OneLuv

Hi,

Im no expert, but both my desktop and laptop are dual core, but i have a gang of processes running and my ram stay high. Have you tried installing process explorer? It's a bit easer to read then task manager.

3. OneLuv

OneLuv

4. KenpoDon

KenpoDon Thread Starter

Thanks for the tips, now if I can figure out what things mean in "process explorer". Don

5. OneLuv

OneLuv

In process explorer they should be listed by your programs exe (executable) files. Example: your windows will show as explorer.exe. if you cannot see the file names ending with .exe, then move your mouse pointer close to the left margin of that screen until it turns into double lines, and slide it to the right.

Hope that helps.

6. OneLuv

OneLuv

What was the reason?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/706725

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice