Solved: Random freezes, have to manually shut down computer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

needhelp87

Hi, I've been having this very annoying problem for a while now. I am searching the net for days now but can't seem to find a solution. My laptop is around 10 months old, and the last couple of weeks I've been experiencing these random freezes. It doesn't matter what I do it just happens - sometimes when browsing on the net, or even when no browser is open and just working on a Word document. There are days when it can go hours without any problem, but these freezes become more and more frequent. The Task Manager doesnt come up, the only thing I can do is manually shut down. I have no idea what is causing this - just thought it could be Window7 related problem. Please, someone help me figure this out because it is becoming very annoying.

Gateway laptop NV54 Series
Pentium (R) Dual-Core CPU 2.20 GHz
4.00 GB RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)

Thanks for any help.

OK, I don’t see anything unusual in the startup. But to nullify the software factor let do a clean boot of Windows 7. Go to this Microsoft Support Link and follow the direction for a clean boot. After the clean boot is setup just run the computer as normal and see if it freezes. Post back with the results.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!