1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Random Right Click Menu

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Rswish, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rswish

Rswish Thread Starter

When ever I'm on my computer, whether I'm browsing the web or typing a document or watching a movie, the right click menu randomly pops up, hindering what ever I am trying to do. Some times when typing it will pop up i escape out then go on to continue writing but it just comes back! It's extremely annoying and i can figure out what is causing it. I'm currently using a desktop machine with Windows 7 home premium 62 bit, and i have tried more than once unplugging my mouse and plugging it back in. I even swapped it out with a new mouse nothing changed! Please Help! any help on this topic would be extremely helpful!

2. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

Hi and Welcome to TSG!

It may not be the mouse causing the problem, it could be the keyboard. You might try swapping that out.

3. Rswish

Rswish Thread Starter

huh it didn't occur to me that the keyboard may be the problem i think ill try that, thank you! :D

4. Rswish

Rswish Thread Starter

so i did as you suggested an you were right! it was actually my keyboard once i swapped out keyboards it stopped happening to me! thank you soo much you saved me from so much wasted time and frustration! :D

5. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

You're welcome! Thanks for posting back to let us know that solved the problem.
    :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1079607

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice