1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Rapid antivrus please, please help 2 remove.

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by sambhurman, Oct 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sambhurman

sambhurman Thread Starter

An icon for Rapid Antivirus program recently appeared on my PC. Being concerned about the virus's it said were effecting my PC I began tofollow its instructions. However I became suspicious when it said that no firewalls etc were oporating on my PC. Also when it got to the pont of asking for payment. At this stage I ran a full scan with AVG (I have version 8.0.169 -it is updated automatically) this revealed none of the trojans and spyware that Rapid Antivirus said I had.
    I contacted my service provider but they don't assist with such problems. but they did tell me it was a virus posing as a antivirus program.
    It was suggested that I try here - so I have!
    I tried deleting the icon but this of course only sends it to the recycle bin.
    I the tried going to the add and remove hardware program but it did not show up there.
    The AV program does not seem to detect it as any sort of problem. I have run an AVG scan three times now and Rapid still remains.
    I have no idea if it is doing any harm to my PC but if nothing else it is very annoying as it continually does pop ups of various types.
    These include;
    1) The keylogger is attempting to send you credit card details to a remote site
    2) Rapid Antivrus has detected various spyware and suggests immediate action The problems it claims to have detected are.
    J.S. Q Space - worm, medium danger.
    Keylogger.Stawin - Trojan - medium
    Spyware - Activitykey - Spyware High
    Backdoor.mite - trojan - medium

As I said AVG find these. So I guess they must be fake.
    A couple of other pop ups occur but my typing is slow.
    The info' I have provided about these pop ups doesn't include everything thing in them but hopefully it will proide enough or somebody to help.
    I run Windows XP on a Compaq PC (model?)
    I hope somebody can tell me how to remove this annoying program.
    :confused::mad::(

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759396

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice